Our intimate part is one of the most fragile parts of the body and requires special attention. Constantly exposed to different hormonal changes and influenced by the quality of intimate hygiene and products used, it can sometimes be prone to various problems including fungal infection, also called vaginal yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis. So discover the causes and symptoms of this infection, as well as the oil that will help you get rid of it while preserving the balance of your privacy.
What is vaginal candidiasis?
As the name suggests, candidiasis is caused by the uncontrolled multiplication of Candida Albicans, microorganisms naturally present in different parts of the body such as skin, mouth, stomach, intestines and vagina.
For vaginal candidiasis, it appears due to a disturbance of the flora naturally populating the vagina, causing the elimination of healthy bacteria responsible for regulating the pathogenic effect of other bacteria, including Candida.
What causes vaginal candidiasis?
Vaginal candidiasis usually occurs as a result of the following:
- An antibiotic treatment that imbalances the vaginal flora
- The hormonal changes that a woman experiences during her life: puberty, pregnancy, menopause, hormonal contraceptives, etc.
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- The weakening of the immune system, which reduces its ability to eliminate harmful bacteria and viruses
- The practice of the vaginal douche, which consists in bringing water into the vagina to clean it
- The use of intimate chemical and aggressive hygiene products
- Insufficient vaginal lubrication
- Bucco-genital intercourse with a contaminated person.
What are the symptoms ?
Vaginal candidiasis is manifested through the appearance of various particularly annoying symptoms including:
- Persistent and continuous itching at the entrance of the vagina and the vulva, which becomes red and swollen
- A burning sensation during urination
- White losses of thick and creamy texture
- Pain during intercourse.
How to treat this fungal infection?
To eliminate the infection in a healthy and natural way, coconut oil is your ally! With powerful anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to fight against different pathogens such as bacteria and fungi. Also rich in vitamins A and E with nourishing and moisturizing virtues, it restores skin balance, soothe irritations, relieve itching and repair skin by promoting the regeneration of skin cells.
To use it, first make sure to choose a pure organic coconut oil, then thoroughly wash your hands and your intimate part before drying them. Then apply a thin layer of coconut oil throughout the affected area (vulva, inside the vagina, lips, etc.), two to three times a day until the symptoms disappear. By opting for coconut oil, you will also benefit from optimal protection against cystitis, fungal infections and other infections, and you can enjoy a fulfilling intimacy life thanks to its lubricating effect which facilitates the intercourse. In addition, its mild and pleasant fragrance will also help you neutralize the strong odors caused by the infection.
Other tips for better intimate hygiene:
Use warm water only to clean the intimate part to preserve the balance of its flora. Vaginal soaps and showers should be banned.
Change daily underwear to avoid bacterial proliferation conducive to infections and is usually due to sweating and natural secretions
Avoid shaving or epilating pubic hair, especially those around your vagina, as they form a protective barrier against the various pathogens that may penetrate the vagina.