Check If You Have This Plant


Because nature also has place in our homes, we do not hesitate to use several plants to brighten the different rooms of our interiors. Whether in the living room or the kitchen, the plants enliven the space where they are arranged, purify the air and attract positive energies. But it is still necessary to choose the right ones! Some plants, such as the Dieffenbachia, can be dangerous to health and may even be toxic after ingestion. Zoom on the effects of this plant.

Plants are often used inside offices, homes and many other locales, to give a touch of color and freshness to space.

But their role is not only decorative! Indeed, plants bring other benefits; They help to refresh and purify air often polluted by the excessive use of cleaning and household products as well as deodorants. Some plants are also known for chasing negative waves and attracting positive energies, while others are known for attracting financial prosperity!

So many reasons to have a plant at home, but be vigilant about the choice! If bamboo, jasmine and eucalyptus are strongly recommended for their many virtues, some plants are to be avoided! The Dieffenbachia, in particular, is a highly prized plant for interior decorations, only what many people do not know is that it can be toxic.

What is the Dieffenbachia?

The Dieffenbachia is a tropical plant of the Araceae family. Originating in Central America, it is also known as the cane of the dumb or plant that makes it dumb.

It is an indoor plant with prickly green foliage, often marked with white or yellow. Its fleshy, supple leaves and asymmetric shape make it an excellent decorative plant. We can distinguish between 30 varieties of Dieffenbachia, each distinguished by different shades of green and white. The Dieffenbachia can reach up to 1.5 m in height, but is often cut to make it less bulky inside.

This plant is renowned for its depolluting virtues, it is for this reason that it is very used in houses. It is very effective against pollutants present in paints, solvents, smoke and varnishes. Nevertheless, as beneficial as it may be, this plant is to be handled with caution.

Indeed, the leaves of Dieffenbachia are toxic when ingested, by humans and animals.

The Dieffenbachia, a toxic plant:

Dieffenbachia leaves contain crystals of calcium oxalate. It is an ionic crystal that is insoluble in water and that makes up between 70 and 80% of kidney stones. But it is also found in many plants rich in oxalic acid, such as the aracées, of which the Dieffenbachia is a part!

The handling of this plant, in itself, is not dangerous, cons consume or chew leaves Dieffenbachia can cause various troublesome symptoms.

If swallowed, the leaves may cause burning, irritation in the mouth and throat, and swelling. They can also cause hypersialorrhea, suffocation by hypersalivation and loss of speech, hence its name "plant dumu".

But these effects do not pose a danger to life. Often these symptoms without severity and can easily be treated with antihistamines or analgesics. In some cases, intestinal washing may be necessary.

Victims of the toxicity of Dieffenbachia are often domestic pets or young children. Here's why it's important to keep it out of reach of these.

Place the Dieffenbachia where they can not reachable or simply avoid having them at home if you have small children or pets. This is the best method of preventing its toxic effect.


Axact

Savvy Life Mag+

We believe it is possible to live better without spending more. So here you can find out Little Tricks and Plans that change life

Post A Comment: