Even if certain types of cancer are silent and show symptoms only late, it is essential to be able to detect the most common signs that can indicate that cancer cells are spreading in your body. Thus, with rapid screening, your chances of recovery and survival are greatly increased. So what are the signs of cancer not to be neglected?
At an early stage, some signs give warning. Detecting them makes it possible to consult early and to optimize the chances of recovery. It is therefore advisable to consult with the appearance of the first symptoms, in order to benefit from the adequate treatment and to come to the end of the tumor while it is not aggressive.
There are two types of tests and examinations to be performed to diagnose cancer, locate the tumor and determine its evolution.
- A blood test: necessary for certain biological or chemical tests
- Imaging exams: scintigraphy, ultrasounds, mammography, scanners, radios, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
What are the alarming signs of cancer?
Knowing the warning signs of cancers is an advantage because the earlier the patient, the more effective the treatments and the chances of remission. Here are the main ones:
- The appearance or aggravation of shortness of breath and difficulty breathing in the absence of heart problems, combined with advanced fatigue, are symptoms of bronchial cancer.
- A persistent fatty or dry cough, accompanied by sputum, dorsal or thoracic pain that intensifies during breathing, is likely to reveal lung cancer or leukemia.
- There is a link between fever and lung cancer especially when it lasts for a long time or associates with other particularly alarming symptoms.
- Dysphagia or swallowing disorder of solid foods is the first symptom of cancer of the esophagus.
- Some cancers can give ganglions including digestive cancers, leukemia, lymphoma, and breast cancer.
- Hematomas may occur in case of leukemia or lymphoma
- Chronic fatigue and loss of tone associated with other symptoms can lead to cancer
- Unexplained weight loss as well as the formation of a mass in the abdominal or pelvic region are the clinical signs of ovarian cancer.
- As the cancer progresses, the affected people lose their appetite and undergo sudden weight loss
- Colon cancer manifests as intense intestinal cramps, digestive disorders, bloating in the lower abdomen, discomfort in a sitting position
- The presence of bleeding in the stool is a symptom suggestive of colorectal cancer
- Weight loss occurs mainly in the case of cancers of the esophagus, intestine, lungs, stomach and pancreas
- In case of colon cancer, intestinal occlusion causes abdominal pain
- Inflammatory breast cancer produces swelling and pain in the chest
- Inflammation, changes in breast size, secretions, nipple retraction, padded skin are warning signs that can be used to diagnose breast cancer
- Vaginal bleeding outside the rules should not be neglected. This can hide cervical cancer.
- When the upper vena cava, which circulates the blood from the head, neck, arms and thorax to the heart, is partially clogged, it causes fluid accumulation or swelling in the face, neck or upper from the body. The vein compression syndrome is caused by cancers of the lung, thorax and esophagus
- Skin cancer, the most common of which is melanoma, usually appears as skin lesions, a black or dark brown spot on the skin becomes thicker and changes appearance
- If you notice streaks of pigment below the nail, this can sometimes indicate a melanoma of the nail
- Cancers of the bones, bladder, prostate or pancreas, cause back pain.