Min menu


A Mother Finds Her Baby Blue And Iced In Her Cradle, Now She Warns All Parents Against These Seemingly Harmless Killers

A Mother Finds Her Baby Blue And Iced In Her Cradle, Now She Warns All Parents Against These Seemingly Harmless Killers

A Mother Finds Her Baby Blue And Iced In Her Cradle, Now She Warns All Parents Against These Seemingly Harmless Killers

Having a baby is a big responsibility, it requires a lot of effort and attention from parents. These fragile little beings who come to enlighten our lives need a lot of love, delicacy and prudence to protect them from any external threat. However, some unsuspecting parents can make mistakes and expose their babies to unsuspected dangers such as this mother who did not think to make a big mistake by putting her son in his cradle.

An ordinary cradle can become a cause of tragedy, as a mother of Washington painfully learned.

The worst tragedy

Jordan DeRosier's son is just 7 months old when she put him to bed in his crib. She laid him on his back with a blanket made by his great-great-grandmother and another gray blanket he had had since birth.

The next morning she finds him blue and cold. The cause is obvious: one of his covers wrapped around his head and face.

Jordan and her husband called 911 and tried to resuscitate him with CPR (CPR), but the emergency responders arrived and knew there was no chance to resuscitate him.

"Our baby is dead, it was the last time we held him in our arms. Said Jordan DeRosier. She hopes other parents will read her story and save their own children from the same fate.

"It's really the only thing that's comforting us now, we've received thousands of messages from parents saying that after reading our story, they removed the crib blankets of their babies. ", did she say.

Unexpected death instruments

The story of the DeRosier is unquestionably tragic, and unfortunately, similar stories occur all the time.

Emily Silver, a nurse practitioner, said she was passionate about spreading safe infant sleep practices because, as a child, she lost her sister to "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome".

To keep the cradle and crib safe, Emily tells parents that the mattress should be firm with a fitted sheet only. There should be no bed bumper, blankets or stuffed animals in the cradle, which could increase the risk of sudden infant death syndrome or choking.

It seems natural to lay a baby with a blanket, a toy or a stuffed animal. But seemingly harmless objects like these can easily become strangling and stifling objects.

According to Tyler Killette, who works for an awareness campaign called "Preventing unnecessary deaths," the safest way for babies to sleep is to be alone on their backs in a cradle, which minimizes the risk of infant choking. especially if they have not yet developed muscle control of the neck.


Caitlin Hoff, a Consumer Safety health investigator, always recommends that parents never share the bed with their baby.

She explains that while it is recommended to keep your baby's cradle in your room with you, sleeping in the same bed as your baby or taking a nap with your baby on a couch or chair are extremely dangerous actions. A sleeping parent can easily suffocate the baby by simply putting his hand on his face or throwing the blanket over him.

She also suggests that mothers avoid breastfeeding when they are very tired, as they may fall asleep while holding their baby. As a general rule, always bring your sleeping baby back to his cradle.

By being more aware of safe sleep practices for babies, parents can better protect their children from the tragedy that could come from something as harmless as a blanket.

The story of this unfortunate mother will certainly be a warning and a means of raising awareness for all parents against the causes of sudden infant death syndrome. If you are wholeheartedly with this mother, share this testimony so that more and more parents are warned!