A Young Family Found Dead: The Police Alert The Public Against The Silent Killer

When temperatures are cold, the first thing you think about is to run heaters, boiler and fireplaces at full speed. But this routine...

police alert the public against the silent killer

When temperatures are cold, the first thing you think about is to run heaters, boiler and fireplaces at full speed. But this routine presents a real risk including carbon monoxide poisoning. It is also known as the invisible killer, such was the case of this family found dead in a holiday cottage during the Christmas and New Year. Discover the whole story!

During the 2015-2016 winter season, 3,608 people were poisoned by carbon monoxide, if this figure is reported over the year it represents a person intoxicated every two hours. Alarming statistics show how this odorless gas is very dangerous and can lead to sudden death of the person.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is deadly at very low doses

Carbon monoxide poisoning (also called CO) usually occurs by breathing this gas. The symptoms are often described as being similar to those of the flu and usually include headaches, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Significant exposure may result in loss of consciousness, arrhythmias, convulsions or death.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur accidentally or as a suicide attempt. CO is a colorless and odorless gas, initially non-irritating. It is produced during the incomplete burning of organic matter, from motor vehicles, heaters or cooking appliances operating with carbon-based fuels. Carbon monoxide mainly causes harmful effects by combining with hemoglobin to form carboxyhemoglobin which prevents the blood from carrying oxygen.

The effects of carbon monoxide poisoning may vary depending on:
  • The amount of carbon monoxide sucked.
  • The duration of exposure of the person to carbon monoxide.
  • The sensitivity of the person to the effects of this gas.
  • The state of health of the person.
  • The effect of this gas can sometimes be fatal, as was the case for the Capitano family, who was found dead in a cottage in Arizona.

A new year that turned to drama

Anthony and Megan 32 years old are the parents of two children, Lincoln, 4 years old , and Kingley, 3 years old. They had planned an intimate New Year party at their Arizona vacation cottage. But what was supposed to be a fun family weekend ended in tragedy.

The Capitano's friends became more and more worried; they did not hear any more from the family on vacation. After several unanswered phone calls, the friends ended up contacting the police who immediately moved to finally discover the tragedy.

It was exactly New Year's Day when the police in Coconino, Arizona, received a call from friends worried about the family. Less than an hour later, the police arrived at the scene and noticed that gas was coming out of the cottage window.

the police alert the public against the silent killer

Rescuers entered the cottage wearing special protective clothing and discovered the terrible scene, the four members of the family were dead. A few days later, a serious failure of the chalet's heating system was discovered.

Experts believe that this is probably a malfunction of the heater or any other gas appliance in the house.

the police alert the public against the silent killer

The little family was so loved and appreciated by all around, a friend of Dad, Daniel Matlock, said tears in their eyes that they were the perfect family example.

Neighbors were also affected by this tragic event, especially as this accident caused the death of young children.
The Arizona police said that what happened to the Capitano family is a tragedy, and it could happen to anyone. Advice was also given to heat without putting yourself in danger.

Tips to avoid this danger of death:
  • Have your equipment checked: To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, it is important to have all appliances checked each year in order to maintain them or replace any defective equipment.
  • Ventilate your home: Despite the cold, it is imperative to ventilate the interiors even if only 10 minutes a day, and especially avoid clogging the vents.
  • Monoxide Detectors: It is advisable to buy one or more carbon monoxide detectors in a DIY store. These detectors are intended to alert occupants loudly if the dangerous gas is present in the air. Do not confuse these detectors with those of smoke, both are indispensable.

All Of The Information On This Site Is Provided As Information Resource, Is Not To Be Used Or Relied On For Any Diagnostic Or Treatment Purposes.Read More In Disclaimer

Books,5,Business,47,Diet,416,DIY,212,Fitness,127,Health,1116,Horoscope,339,Insurance,22,Lifestyle,1399,Recipes,736,Reviews,15,Tech,47,Trend,301,Weight Loss,397,
Savvy Life Mag : The Magazine Of Wellness: A Young Family Found Dead: The Police Alert The Public Against The Silent Killer
A Young Family Found Dead: The Police Alert The Public Against The Silent Killer
Savvy Life Mag : The Magazine Of Wellness
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy