This Indoor Plant Can Kill Your Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes

To add a touch of greenery to its interior or office, many of us opt for pretty decorative plants that they have here and there. What mo...

This Indoor Plant Can Kill Your Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes

To add a touch of greenery to its interior or office, many of us opt for pretty decorative plants that they have here and there. What most of us do not know is that there are some toxic houseplants that can be dangerous and put your life at risk. Here is an example.

We all know that having plants in their living space adds a little natural touch, brighten up the space and give a breath of fresh air and freshness. Besides, the decorative plants, we find several varieties which are distinguished by their color, their form, their foliage, etc. Among those most used and appreciated for their appearance and for their ease of maintenance, we find the Dieffenbachia, commonly known as "dumb cane".


The Dieffenbachia or the "Dumb Cane"
Of the Aracées family, this tropical plant, which is distinguished by its pretty fleshy foliage, of green color streaked with yellow or white, is very effective to purify the ambient air and to get rid of the different polluting substances such as the smoke of the cigarettes , Varnishes, solvents and paints.

Characterized by fast growth speed and easy maintenance, it requires little watering and moderate exposure to the sun and is very popular in offices and homes. However, despite all these virtues, this plant has a major disadvantage: its toxicity.

Effects of Dieffenbachia on health

Because of the calcium oxalate crystals released by this plant during its transpiration, it can have a toxic effect on humans, which usually manifests as inflammation or contact dermatitis, occurring within 5 minutes Following the handling of the sheets. In addition, if you touch your eyes after contact with this plant, oxalate crystals may reach your eyes, causing corneal irritation and temporary loss of vision.

If the leaves are swallowed, especially by children or pets that are attracted by their beautiful green color and the pretty white flowers, several painful and troublesome symptoms may appear. These include: burning sensation in the mouth and throat with swelling of the tongue, which can lead to difficulty in swallowing or even breathing, as well as to alteration of the voice and loss of speech .
 
Gastrointestinal disorders can also occur, including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, and there have been cases of death worldwide.
 
How to react in case of contact or ingestion of this plant?

To avoid possible complications, it is advisable to call the poison control center and consult a doctor. Generally, these symptoms are treated with antihistamines or analgesics, but in some cases it is recommended to perform an intestinal wash.
While waiting to receive the necessary medical care, here are some things to do:
  • In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water
  • When chewing the leaves, wipe the inside of the mouth with a piece of clean cloth soaked in cold water. The feeling of cold, will help reduce the burning sensation and limit the swelling.
  • If the leaves are swallowed, drink milk to limit the irritation of the mucous membrane.
To preserve your health and those of your family members, take the time to choose your indoor plant and research its characteristics to determine if it is toxic or not. If you already have the dieffenbachia in your house and you have difficulty removing it, put on gloves before handling it to avoid contact reactions and keep it out of the reach of children and pets.


All Of The Information On This Site Is Provided As An Information Resource Only, And Is Not To Be Used Or Relied On For Any Diagnostic Or Treatment Purposes.Read More In Disclaimer
Name

Books,5,Business,45,Diet,265,DIY,91,Fitness,91,Health,951,Horoscope,251,Insurance,20,Lifestyle,1247,Recipes,498,Reviews,12,Tech,46,Trend,239,Weight Loss,206,
ltr
item
Savvy Life Mag Plus: This Indoor Plant Can Kill Your Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes
This Indoor Plant Can Kill Your Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0c4Yr2HUFiw/WVqEAPfJuiI/AAAAAAAAFEU/ft86QOML358HOs36F0M4L4cUXrDRBiFIwCLcBGAs/s1600/This%2BIndoor%2BPlant%2BCan%2BKill%2BYour%2BChild%2BIn%2BLess%2BThan%2BA%2BMinute%2BAnd%2BAn%2BAdult%2BIn%2B15%2BMinutes.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0c4Yr2HUFiw/WVqEAPfJuiI/AAAAAAAAFEU/ft86QOML358HOs36F0M4L4cUXrDRBiFIwCLcBGAs/s72-c/This%2BIndoor%2BPlant%2BCan%2BKill%2BYour%2BChild%2BIn%2BLess%2BThan%2BA%2BMinute%2BAnd%2BAn%2BAdult%2BIn%2B15%2BMinutes.jpg
Savvy Life Mag Plus
http://www.cryptosavvy.com/2017/07/this-indoor-plant-can-kill-your-child.html
http://www.cryptosavvy.com/
http://www.cryptosavvy.com/
http://www.cryptosavvy.com/2017/07/this-indoor-plant-can-kill-your-child.html
true
6080856906536423932
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy